Antipasti Salad Pizza
Yield 4-6 servings
- 10 ounce refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Olive oil, for brushing crust
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) finely diced salami
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) finely diced provolone
- ¼ cup pepperoncini peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
On a baking sheet brushed liberally with olive oil, stretch the dough to desired shape and thickness. Brush the crust with olive oil and top with the mozzarella slices. Bake the pizza until the dough crisps up and cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
Make vinaigrette: In a large bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, pepperoncini juice, mustard, and garlic. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chickpeas, salami, provolone, pepperoncini, and roasted red peppers.. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Just before serving, toss salad with arugula. Top the pizza with the salad.