I’m officially addicted to grain bowls! They’re a “good for you” meal that is easily adapted to what you have on hand and they’re a good fit for lunch or dinner. This combo is my current favorite: honeycrisp apple, white cheddar (@beechers forever!), avocado, pecans, chicken, wild rice, and kale. I have a feeling this recipe will be on repeat this week!
Apple Cheddar Grain Bowl
Yield 4 servings
- 4 cups wild rice, cooked
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 4 cups sliced or shredded chicken, cooked (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1-2 large Honeycrisp apples, diced
- 1-3 avocados, sliced and seasoned with salt & pepper
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing, recipe follows
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, cubed
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- kosher salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
For bowl: Divide rice among 4 bowls; top evenly with kale, chicken, apples, and avocado. Drizzle with creamy balsamic dressing top evenly with cheddar and pecans.
For dressing: Combine vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until well combined. Stir in yogurt and season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.