Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter (melted)
- 2 cups mashed bananas combined with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 12-well muffin tin with paper liners or grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and melted butter. Add in mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternating with the sour cream and mix just to combine. Avoid over-mixing the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin or loaf pan that have been greased or lined.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.