BLT Pasta Salad
Yield 8-10 servings
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 pound sliced bacon (about 16 slices)
- 1 pound dried short pasta, such as rotini, fusilli, or farfalle
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (about 10 ounces)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Make the dressing:
Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until emulsified and well-combined; set aside.
Make the salad:
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then arrange the bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool, crumble the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
Place the drained pasta, bacon, tomatoes, greens, and chives in a large bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.