Cheesy Fondue with Vegetables
Yield 6-8 servings
- 6 cups Swiss Gruyere mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt + pepper
- Assorted crackers and breads
- Assorted vegetables
- Roasted heirloom potatoes
- Prosciutto, shrimp, or other proteins
Add the cheese to a bowl and toss with the cornstarch. Rub the inside of a fondue pot with garlic; discard garlic. Pour the chicken broth into the fondue pot, and place over medium-low heat. When liquid starts to bubble, slowly stir in the the cheese until melted and combined. Stir in the mustard powder and nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep over low heat until ready to serve.
Place the fondu on a large board. Arrange the breads, vegetables, meats, and potatoes around the fondue pot.