Instant Pot Creamy Smashed Potatoes
Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3 lbs. yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, for garnish
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Place 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot and stir in 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Put the steamer basket inside and place the potatoes on top.
Cover with lid and cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes – releasing the pressure manually.
Carefully remove steamer basket. Add the butter and sour cream and mash until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Top with chives and Parmesan cheese before serving.