Gnocchi with Butternut & Sage
Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 6-8 cups kale, chopped
- 1 17.5-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add the sage, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until fragrant and soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth to the skillet. When it starts to simmer, stir in the kale and cook until it wilts slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the gnocchi, stirring to coat. Cover and cook until the gnocchi are just tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover and stir in 1/4 cup parmesan and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan just before serving.