Let’s give the beloved grain bowl a Greek makeover! Tossed together in this bowl of healthy goodness is arugula, shrimp, farro, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, and feta. It’s all dressed with a creamy yogurt dressing and a squeeze of lemon. Served with a side of pita chips this one is going to be tough to resist!
Greek Grain Bowl
Yield 4 servings
- 4 cups farro, cooked
- 4 cups baby arugula, chopped
- 2 cups medium shrimp, cooked and seasoned with a squeeze of lemon
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Creamy Dill Yogurt Dressing, recipe follows
Creamy Dill Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
For the bowl: Divide farro among 4 bowls; top evenly with arugula, shrimp, chickpeas, tomatoes and Olives. Drizzle with creamy dill dressing and top evenly with feta cheese. Serve with a wedge of lemon, if desired.
For the dressing: Mix the yogurt, lemon juice and zest together in a small bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in the pepper and the chopped dill. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.