Instant Pot Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry
Yield 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peanuts, chopped for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
Using the saute setting, add canola oil. Toast curry powder for one minute before adding onions, bell peppers, and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp to pot, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil and cooking until they just turn pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar to the pot, and stir to combine.
Place the lid on and set the vent to “sealing.” Cook on HIGH pressure for 4 minutes, then manually release the pressure. Stir the shrimp in the curry and season to taste with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Serve over jasmine rice and garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.