Italian Pasta Salad
Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1 cup Italian dry salami, diced
- 1 cup pepperoncini, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup sliced black olives, drained
- 8 oz. mozzarella balls (fresh), halved
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup pepperoncini juice
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly and toss everything together.
For the dressing: In a large bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, pepperoncini juice, mustard, and garlic. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keep salad in the fridge for 2-3 days. If you can, make a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to marry with one another.