Leftover Turkey Sandwich
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Apple Glaze, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 focaccia rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 leaves green curly lettuce
- 4 ounces leftover turkey, sliced
- 1 cup leftover stuffing, optional
- Pickle spears, for serving
Cranberry Apple Glaze
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the Cranberry Apple Glaze, yogurt, scallions and jalapenos in a small bowl. Whisk together the whole-grain mustard, honey and Dijon mustard in another bowl until smooth.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread the honey mustard on the bottom halves of the rolls, and spread a generous amount of the spicy cranberry cream on the top halves. Top each bottom half with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 ounce turkey and 1/4 cup stuffing, if using, and then place the spicy cranberry cream halves on top. Slice the sandwiches in half and serve with a pickle spear.
Cranberry Apple Glaze:
Combine the apple cider, cranberries, cranberry juice, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce to a simmer until the liquid has been reduced by 2 cups and the cranberries have burst, 18 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.