Peach Salad with Tomatoes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup good-quality sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 to 5 ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
For the dressing: Combine the basil, olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon and shallots in a blender until the dressing emulsifies and the basil is pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the tomatoes and peaches in a bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Top with the feta cheese. Serve at room temperature.