Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Yield 12 servings
- 8 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- One 8-ounce brick cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
Remove the corn off the cobs using a chef's knife and working over a shallow baking dish to catch the kernels. Reserve 4 of the cobs. Combine the corn kernels, milk, sugar and cream cheese in the slow cooker. Nestle the reserved cobs into the corn and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Cook on low 4 to 6 hours, stirring at least once during the cooking time. Discard the cobs and stir in the melted butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper before serving.