Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal with Bananas and Berries
Yield 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed, plus more for topping
- Fresh berries, for topping
Combine the oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and bananas with 5 1/2 cups water in the slow cooker. Stir to mix evenly.
Cover with a lid and cook on low until the oats soften, 6 to 8 hours. Before serving, remove the lid and let the oatmeal cool slightly before stirring. Adjust seasonings, as needed.
Serve in bowls topped with fresh berries and banana slices.