Thai Chicken Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup chow mein noodles, for serving
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped for serving
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
Add chicken and marinade to a baking dish. Place into oven and bake until cooked through and juices run clear, about 13-15 minutes. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with red cabbage, carrots, edamame, green onion, chicken, and avocado. Pour vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Garnish with cilantro, noodles, and peanuts.