Tortellini Chickpea Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) diced salami
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) diced provolone
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) baby mozzarella balls
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ⅓ cup roasted red pepper, diced
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
In a large bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, mustard, red chile flakes, and garlic. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cooked tortellini, chickpeas, salami, provolone and mozzarella. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Just before serving, toss salad with arugula. Season with salt and pepper to taste.