Watermelon Feta Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups spring mix
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 12 ounces feta cheese, ½-inch diced
- Candied pecans
Whisk together the lime juice, orange juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
Place the lettuces, watermelon, berries, and feta t in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Top with candied pecans. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.